All Military and Civilian CAC holders are required to reset their password with their CAC akoarmymil.comto obtain a 150-day password. If the password is not reset while CAC logged into your account the password will be valid for only 30 days.You are only able to reset your password without a CAC 5 times. This includes a password that was reset using the password reset link or a password reset by Help Desk. After the fifth time, you will need to reset your password while logged into your AKO/DKO account with your CAC.
To Reset Your Password Using the “Reset Password” link:
- Visit https://www.us.army.mil
- Click on the reset password link
- After a new window has opened, enter your AKO/DKO username without the @us.army.mil.
- Select an option you need assistance with (In this case select the “Reset Your Password Using your CAC”
- Click “GO” and log into AKO with your CAC
- Click “My Account”
- Click “Account Settings” and then “Change Password”
- Select “RESET Your Password Via Email”
- Next follow the instructions sent in the e-mail.
To Reset Your Password While Logged Into your Account:
- While Logged in click the “My Account” tab.
- Click “Account Settings”
- Click “Change Password”