AKO Webmail Login Help
If you have issues with setting up your AKO Login account or registering.
AKO Account Registration
If you do not have an AKO webmail account yet.
For all general information on AKO visit the homepage.
AKO Webmail Help Desk
If you are having issues and need to contact someone please visit the AKO Webmail Help Desk.
Reset Your AKO Login Webmail Password
Are you having problems logging in and need to know how to reset your AKO password? If so, please visit the Reset Password page.AKO Webmail on the DROID Instructions
What is the purpose of the DoD Root Certificate?
A certificate is a digital document providing the identity of a website or individual. The Army/DoD Portal uses a certificate to identify itself to its users and to enable a secure connection.
Army Community Members
If you have an Army Account type (Full or Sponsored), you can retrieve the DoD Root Certificates within the AKO/DKO portal. Use the following instructions to get the DoD Root certificate from the AKO/DKO portal. The page will bring you to a CAC configuration Page. You do not need to have a CAC or configure your computer with a CAC reader to download the certificates.
NOTE: Some computers will not let you run the file from the web browser (this is very common in IE 9, and Firefox). Simply Right click the link above and select Save Target As. Save it to your computer desktop. Then Right click the file and select Run as Administrator. It should run now.
- Log into AKO/DKO. Note: You do not need the DoD Root Certificate to access AKO/DKO. When you get the certificate message, choose the option that will allow you to continue on anyway.
- Click on ‘Quick Links’.
- Click on ‘CAC’.
- Click on ‘CAC Resource Center’.
- Alternatively, you can click the CAC Resource Center button on the left side of the AKO Home Page.
- Click on Step 3: DoD Certificates under the CAC Installation Quick Start on the left side of the page.
- Follow the instructions in the DoD Certificate Information area for Downloading the latest DoD Certificates.
Alternate method of retrieving DoD Root Certificate
- Browse to http://militarycac.com
- Click on ‘DoD Certificates’.
- Click on ‘Download InstallRoot 3.15a’.
- Click on Run.
If you have trouble accessing the page listed above you can also visit the following page to download the DoD Root Certificates: http://dodpki.c3pki.chamb.disa.mil/rootca.html .
The DoD Root Certificate is not a CAC certificate. If you need assistance with a CAC related issue, please browse the other CAC related FAQs on the AKO/DKO help page.