Army of Knowledge Online Guest Personnel
To Register a guest AKO akoarmymil.comaccount you must be an authorized user approved by the USA military. Users able to create new Guest AKO accounts include Army Volunteer, Foreign Officer (not a US citizen), Local National Employee (not a US citizen), Incoming Future Soldier, Incoming DA Civilian, Homeland Security, Medical Discharged, Medical Retired, Military Transition, Contractor, Collegiate cadets: MS I and II, Family Member, National Guard Retired, Federal Civilian Agencies. If you meet these criteria, you will be able to create an AKO Guest Webmail account.
AKO Webmail Guest Account Registration
To Register a new AKO Guest account follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.us.army.mil
- After reading the terms, click “I Accept”
- Find and click on “Register without CAC”
- Enter your Social Security Number and click “Next”
- Select the appropriate account type from the list and click “Next”
- Enter the User ID of your sponsor (Such As: adam.d.west) and click “Next”
- Enter your contact details and click “Next” (Your account details must match your legal name exactly)
- Once this is completed, enter an external email address (such as Yahoo or Gmail) and click “Next”
- Fill out the contact details for your organization and click “Next”.
- Create a password of your choosing into both password fields
- Finally, choose 3 security questions and provide answers then click “Complete Registration” (The security questions and answers are very important. Make sure you remember your answers in case you need to preform a password reset. You will need to enter the answers exactly as you do when you set them up including capitalization and punctuation. It is best to keep your answers simple, honest and easy to remember in the future.)
- Your registration is now complete and your account will be active within 24-48 hours! Print the confirmation screen for your records. If you are unable to login to your account within 48 hours, please contact the helpdesk for assistance. Foreign Officer and Local National accounts may take up to 10 days.
A guest must enter the AKO/DKO username of his or her sponsor to request an AKO/DKO account. Also, all guest accounts (with the exception of Foreign Officer/ Local National/)* are required to enter their SSN to register for a sponsored account.
Foreign Officer and Local National type guest accounts need to enter a SSN or FIN (Foreign Identification Number) when registering if planning on verifying the account. For more information on sponsored account verification,